Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cabbage Patch Kids

Growing up we spent two weeks every summer in Cleveland, Georgia, home of BabyLand General where Cabbage Patch Kids are made. It was a great place to visit. There are "real" Cabbage Patch Kids everywhere, the cloth kind, not the kind you could buy at the toy stores. It was always fun to see all the dolls, and every 30 minutes there would be a new baby "born" from the cabbage patch. I always wanted one of the real ones, but they were expensive. I did finally get one from my sister, and it's funny because I realized the other day that I got it 10 years ago. Time flies by. Anyway, I recently went back to BabyLand. They built a brand new building and I had to check it out. Thought I would share some pics for those of you who have never been before. You'll notice they go all out in decoration.

Leah and I during one of our earlier visits!
The nursery with all the newborn babies!
Babies waiting to be adopted.
Doctors getting ready for a delivery!
Dolls in the cabbage patch waiting to be born.
Some of the dolls.
The nursery where they weigh and measure the newborns.
So, you might be looking at these pictures and thinking this is crazy, but it really is a fun place. I was disappointed in the new place. It was more of a huge store instead of a neat place to see all the dolls.

No comments: