I LOVE Disney World. Growing up, I got to go every four years because that's when the band went and about the only way we went on vacation was when the band went somewhere. My last trip was when I was a junior in high school, and that was over 15 years ago. I have been wanting to go back forever, and my dream was finally coming true! Jeff, Abbey, Reed, and Bill were going and they asked me to go with them. After changing a few plans, I was ready to go! I was so excited (I think I was the most excited about the trip). We left on a Friday night and got to Orlando late. Reed loved the plane ride, he never stopped talking!
Saturday we went to Downtown Disney. I had never been there before. We say Toy Story 3 and did a little shopping. I could not wait until Sunday. It was the big day. We were going to Magic Kingdom. That is the only park that I REALLY wanted to go to. You can't go to Disney and miss that one! Everything was going great until Saturday night. I began to feel sick, but thought it was just the pizza we had eaten for lunch, no big deal. Well, it turned out to be a virus, and that was a very big deal! I was sick all night, but I was still determined to go to the park. Nothing was going to stop me! Or so I thought, until there was a little accident at McDonalds and I told them to take me back to the condo. I was so sad. You don't even know how disappointed I was. I spent most of the day in bed and taking medicine. I began to feel better so they came and picked me up after supper. I got to spend about two hours in the park. I rode 2 rides (Peter Pan and It's a Small World), saw the light parade, watched the fireworks, and managed to by Caroline a minnie hat with ears. The day did not go at all according to plan, but I was thankful that no one else on the trip got sick!
At the Castle
Reed's Souvenir from the light parade
Monday we went to Animal Kingdom. Bill was the only one of us who had ever been there before. We had a good time, and thankfully I was feeling much better. Reed enjoyed all the animals, and the rest of us loved the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows. They were fantastic! It's a Bug's Life was cute, but Reed did not like the dark. We got to see everything and didn't have to wait in line for much of anything. I love the invention of the Fast Pass. I told Abbey that I didn't think everyone understood how they worked because I didn't understand why they were standing in line. It is definitely the way to go!
Reed traveling in style!
With my favorite character: Goofy!
No comments:
Post a Comment