Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why is it so hard to be nice?

Last night I went to pick up some pictures I had developed at Wolf Camera. I knew my pictures were ready because I had sent them online and had received an email that they were printed. So, I stop by on my way home from work and I knew there was a new guy working (yes, I'm there all the time so I know the employees). I asked for my pictures, but the guy could only find one of the packets. He was totally new and was the only one working at the moment. He looked, but couldn't find them and then he had trouble ringing up the one order he did find. I told him that it wasn't a big deal and I would just come back later. He kept apologizing, and I told him it was fine. I know he was expecting me to be one of those customers who throw a fit because things don't work out the way they want them to. Why can't we all just be nice and realize that he's new and doing the best he can? I've seen too many people be rude in these situations, and I've learned it's just as easy to be nice as it is to be rude. When in doubt, always be nice because you never know what someone else is going through. In the end another employee showed up, found all my pictures, and got me checked out in no time. See what a little niceness can do?

1 comment:

Carol said...

What? You mean they don't have a special file for you? And to think how many pictures you've entrusted to their care.

I am glad you were courteous to the new guy.