Music is such an amazing thing. I love all kinds of music and you can witness that if you ever get behind me on the way to work. I will sing the whole way there sometimes. I even put on broadway musicals by singing along to the soundtracks. Music is also a funny thing. Who knew it was tied to so many emotions? I downloaded some old favorites to my ipod tonight and listening to them brought back so many memories.
Most of you know I grew up going to southern gospel music schools. Every summer the publishing companies published new songbooks and there would always be a couple of songs that would stand out as favorites for the summer. A few years ago one of the companies did a book of all the old favorites, and boy did that bring up a lot of people and good times of the past. I could tell you which boy I liked that summer and what all was going on just by hearing a song again.
Some songs make you happy, some make you sad, but they all make you feel something. Thanks to all those great songs and the memories that come back whenever you hear them.
No comments:
Post a Comment