I was in college when they started issuing the state quarters. You're probably wondering how I remember this. Well, my mom would try to mail me fun stuff while I was in college, and one time it was a binder to keep up with all the quarters. So, I started my collection. At first it wasn't a big deal, you could always find the new quarter. Then after a few years it would be harder to just end up with the new quarter, but I couldn't miss it because then I would have an empty square in my binder. So, 10 years later and the stress is over. It took me a while to find Hawaii and some of my Sunday School kids were on the lookout for me. My sister made the comment that we had been collecting these quarters longer than some of them had been alive. That makes me sound old! Now, don't even ask me what mint mine are from. I just got the quarter and was happy. Don't worry, I stopped with collecting the quarters. I didn't even try to start collecting the nickels when they started making them!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
The End of the Quarters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
where is the update of all the work we did this weekend?
Post a Comment