I know there are many causes out there asking for money, and sometimes it's hard to know who you can trust. So, I thought I would tell you about one I believe in—Compassion International. This has really been on my mind lately because I've been following some blogs of people who are on a Compassion trip to India. They have made me realize that I need to be a better sponsor to my two little guys. I have been supporting two little boys since 2007. One is from Tanzania and one lives in Rwanda. I had heard about Compassion at a lot of concerts, but had never sponsored a child before. Then I decided to go online and choose one and that's how I ended up with two. I could not decide and couldn't pick one over the other. I would sponsor 10 more if I had the money! I have a friend who went on a Compassion trip to meet her sponsor child and she talked about what an amazing organization it is. I have received letters and pictures from both of my kids, I even get their report cards! I know that every dollar I send in goes straight to my child and his needs. There are so many kids out there who live in poverty like we could never imagine. I can't help every child, but I hope I am making a difference in the lives of two very precious boys in Africa.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment