Totally random post, but that's okay! Do you write in your Bible? I remember the first time a Sunday School teacher had us write in our Bibles. I was very nervous and afraid my parents would get on to me. We had been taught that you didn't write in your Bible, but I did it since I was told to. I've come a long way from there. I love opening a Bible and seeing notes written all over it. I was in a meeting last week and borrowed one of my co-worker's Bibles. I opened it and he had notes all over the place. I joked that I was going to learn all of his secrets by reading his Bible. For some people that would be the truth. Their Bibles are like a look into their life. When my grandmother died, I ended up being alone at her house while the family went to make the arrangements. I sat in her living room with her Bible and went page by page reading what she had written. She had dates of important family events, names of people by verses that she prayed for them, and it had an extensive family tree. Anytime we needed to know anything, we went to her Bible for the answer. Now I try to follow the example set before me and feel free to write in my Bible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment