Thursday, March 4, 2010

Craft Day

Saturday I decided I was going to have a craft day. I had been looking at several blogs and had seen projects that I wanted to make. So, I went and bought all the supplies and created a mess in my kitchen! I think I have found that making crafts is a stress reliever for me. I enjoy making things even though I don't know what I will do with everything once I've made it. My first project was covering frames with scrapbook paper. I had my sister drill the hooks into the frames so they would connect, hung it on the wall, and it is done. Well, it will be more done when I actually put pictures in them.
I had seen this craft a while ago, but never tried it. Leah had made supper to carry to a friend, so I had her save all of her cans to make this. After covering the cans with scrapbook paper and hot gluing them together, I have a very cute organizer. Mine has pens/pencils in it at the moment, but you could use it for so many things.
This was my first experience with chalkboard paint and the verdict is still out on whether I like it or not. I bought a cheap platter and turned it into a chalkboard. Then I saw this cute idea of organizing spices in glass jars and using chalkboard paint to label them. I improvised and used M&Ms since I had no spices handy.
This last craft might be my favorite. I covered the cheap acrylic picture frames with scrapbook paper and embellished them. As you can see, they are not totally done because once again I don't have any pictures. They were easy to make and turned out cute.

No comments: