Saturday, November 22, 2008

Holidays

I love the holidays. Actually I love all holidays, but I think Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite. It always seems like Thanksgiving gets skipped over between Halloween and Christmas, but I think it's so important. It's great to have a day to remember all our blessings and let our friends and family know how thankful we are for them. We should do this all the time, and not just at Thanksgiving, but I'm just as guilty about not doing that. One year in college, we had a lasagna Thanksgiving and I made my friends write down what they were thankful for. Since I am very sentimental, I still have those lists. So, what are you thankful for this year?


I am thankful for . . .
1. My family—I love spending time with my family and knowing they are always there for me.
2. My friends—I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many great people. God always knows what you need and for me, He's always placed the right people in my life at the right time. I love to spend time and hang out with all of my friends.
3. My job—I love my job and the people I work with, but it has become even more important in this economy. I am so thankful to have a job at a time when so many people don't have one.
4. My freedom—I'm thankful to live in a country where I am free to worship, free to vote, and free to do so many things that we take for granted in our country.
5. My church—I love my church and have been a member there all my life. I love all the kids in my Sunday School class that I teach and all the friends I have made through church activities.

No comments: