In my house, the day after Thanksgiving signals that it's time to get ready for Christmas. I always feel bad that Thanksgiving gets skipped over, so I won't decorate until the day after. Putting up the tree isn't as easy as it sounds. In my house, you have to move half the furniture to be able to fit the tree. This is actually the first year it's ever made it in front of the window. Most of the time it gets stuck in a corner. While I was taking a nap, my sister put up the tree and put on all the lights. I know you think I should have been helping, but she does it so beautifully that she didn't need my help! We got out all of our ornaments and separated them. It has been the tradition in my family that every year we get a Christmas ball to go on the tree. It's neat to see what we've gotten through the years. I love having the tree up. It's especially nice when you turn out the lights and watch a Christmas movie in front of a lit tree. Hope you all are getting all your decorations out and gearing up for the season!
When you don't have a mantle, you hang your stockings on a curio cabinet!
My very first Christmas ornament.
Yes, my mom's dog is dressed as Santa!
1 comment:
Awwwww Opie is so cute. I like the new Christmas design for your page. It is very cute! Why did you not share my first Christmas ball with everybody?
Post a Comment