Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Birthday

So, I've been celebrating my birthday all month, but especially this last week. I love my birthday and we've always made a big deal out of them in my family. This year I turned 31, and that is just not an exciting age. 


Saturday I had Amy and her kids and Suzanne and Eric over to my mom's. She cooks for us on my birthday and we have fun. This year I had crafts for us to make because I didn't want the kids to think it was a boring party, so we decorated our own crowns. We also had the capsules that you put in water and they make foam shapes. The boys really liked those.

Sunday was my family party. I got to share that with my niece, Caroline, who is turning one. It was a lot of fun. She really loved her cake and got icing all over her, but that's what she's suppose to do on her first birthday!

Tuesday was my actual birthday and my family has always opened presents and had cake first thing in the morning, so my sister and I stayed at mom's so we could do that. Then I went to work and my friend Shirley had brought a cookie cake and my favorite—Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits and sweet tea. We went out for lunch and thankfully the waiter didn't do anything for my birthday. Tuesday night Leah and I met my dad, Lisa, and my brothers for supper. The boys were great and had made me a page with their hand prints. They had also picked out all kinds of M&M stuff for me because they know it is my favorite.

Now, I did not mention that I broke my camera right before all these festivities started. I ended up having to borrow my mom's and hers is just not as good. Don't worry, I have a new camera and am very happy. I must admit I sat on my camera and messed up the lens. Everyone said I needed to come up with a better story, but that's what really happened!

So, after seven cakes and many celebrations with great friends and family, I must say that I have had a great birthday and am ready for next year!

No comments: