I read a quote this week that says if you spend $27.40 a day, that adds up to $10,000 a year. That amazed me. Now, I do not spend that much every day, and there are a lot of days that I don't spend any money. But how often do we spend $20.00 or $30.00 and not think a thing about it? This just goes to show that a little can add up quickly if we're not careful!
Lately I have been trying to find different ways to save money. After taking a good look at my spending, it was obvious that a lot of my money was going to restaurants. We like to eat out at work, and we don't always go to the most inexpensive places. Plus, I was going through the drive-thru for dinner every night because it's just me and I don't exactly cook! When you add up all that it's a lot of money, especially when they charge almost $3.00 for something to drink (no, I will not drink water!). So, for the last two weeks I have been taking my lunch to work. Thankfully, I work with people who are also trying to save money, so we all take our lunches to a conference room and eat together. I am proud to say that in the last two weeks I have only eaten out three times. Trust me, that's a record!
No comments:
Post a Comment