I am one of those people who do not love change! Some change is good, some is okay, and some is just bad! So, when my family decided to change a few things for Christmas this year, they thought I would be the most resistant to the changes. But, they were wrong! This year we decided that the adults in the family would draw names instead of getting gifts for everyone. Everyone knows I like presents, so they didn't think I would be ok with it, but this year has been one of budgets, so I thought it was a good idea. Then my mom called while I was in Georgia wanting to know if I had a problem if we changed our lunch menu. Really? I could care less as long as there was macaroni! So, this year we had steak and baked potatoes! My brother-in-law did make the statement that he wasn't quite use to it yet. My step-father had to get his mind around the fact that there would be no dressing.
One change that was kind of sad this year was the fact that our family from Alabama did not make it in on Christmas day. They woke up to four inches of snow so they did not want to make the drive and not be able to get back home. So, this means that we get to have another Christmas celebration this weekend!
Even with all the changes, we had a good Christmas. It seemed to be here and gone before I realized it. I spent five days in Georgia visiting my college roommates and my cousin and her family. Each house I went to had sick kiddos, but we still had fun! I got home on Christmas Eve Eve, and it was time for the Powell/Nicholson Christmas and we had a great time as usual with our ornament exchange. I love how we made the rules for the ornament exchange, and then when it was over, we started exchanging the ornaments we ended up with!
I ended up with a stomach virus on Christmas Eve, but I still managed to enjoy the time with my family. Caroline was lots of fun this year because she was so excited about everything. My nephews, Chase and Parker, both got laptops so that made their day, my niece, Madison, got her cutout of Jacob, and most exciting is that my niece Callie became engaged! I must say I got lots of great gifts. I am LOVING my new Kindle. I keep downloading books, so I need to start reading some of them! Another favorite was the car wash for my feet. I had seen the infomercial for it and had to have it, so my sister found it and I now have my own feet car wash! I'm sure everyone is jealous!
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, but more importantly, I hope every remembered the real reason for the season: Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment