Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sips and Strokes

Abbey, Jane, and I went to Sips and Strokes to paint one night. I could not blog or show any pictures at the time because they were both painting theirs as Christmas presents. Now that I've found out that didn't last and they've already given theirs away, I can tell you all about it. We had a great time, but did learn that you should get there early if you want a good seat and be able to sit together. It's a pretty cool place where you pay a flat fee and they provide everything you need. Everyone paints the same picture, but as you can tell each picture is unique to the artist. There was an instructor at the front of the room telling us what to do, and several other helpers were walking around to help if anyone had problems. Well, I had problems! At one time I got kicked off my own painting because I had messed up so bad! They say no one will leave with a messed up picture, but I was afraid it was going to happen! I think they ended up looking great and we'll have to go again and make the boys go this time!
Abbey Painting
Abbey's cross is on the left, and mine is on the right
Jane's Cross
Candace's Cross
Abbey's Cross
All 3 of us in our pretty aprons!

No comments: