Today was a great Sunday. It all started with Sunday School. I have been bugging Jeff for a year about painting our classroom. I told him I wasn't going to be on time until he did something since he's been promising the kids for a year. Well, this weekend he finally did. No, it wasn't painting, but it was a start! He and Bill went and hung up leftover grass skirts from VBS on the two walls that were just drywall. As you can see in the picture, it ended up not looking so bad. The kids were excited so that's all that matters! It was also the last class for this year. Next week we get our one new fifth grader, and we lose our old sixth graders to their new class. We'll miss them, but they're excited to now be in the youth department.
During our worship service we had a report from the team who just got back from a mission trip to Africa. It was a great service. We heard from several of the team members, and you can tell it was an amazing trip. They were working with a missionary couple from our church who have been serving in Africa for 34 years. They are about to retire and return to the states. That is an amazing commitment to have served away from their family for so long. I have several friends who are serving or who have served on the mission field, and I pray for them daily. Today our pastor was talking about how God does not call everyone to foreign missions, but He wants you to have a willing spirit and be willing to go if He calls you away or wherever He calls you. He referred to the hymn, "I Surrender All" and asked how many of us are really willing to surrender all to His will. We may think we are, but when He calls are we really willing to give up everything that is safe and comfortable to go where He wants us to be? I pray everyday for a willing spirit and for wisdom to know where He wants me.
2 comments:
I love the new deco. Best of all you are being drug down the road to "going green." Reduce, reuse, and recycle my become your new mantra :)
I think it turned out pretty neat too! I am definitely thinking lime green walls now. If only there were more Labor Day holidays to do it in!
Post a Comment