Monday, May 26, 2008

Friends, Family, and Memorial Day

This has been a great weekend. It started out with a great movie on Friday. I loved Prince Caspian. Then I got together with some good friends for game night. We like playing the wii and the game Apples to Apples. Really it's just fun to take time out of our busy schedules and get together and catch up. Even though we all live in the same town, we have to make the time to get together.


Saturday brought even more time with family. I had a new little cousin, Kaleb, born on Friday so I went to the hospital to see him and got to see my aunt and uncle and several little cousins. I hadn't seen any of the kids since Christmas, and they had all grown so much. 

Sunday I had to teach Sunday School because Mr. Jeff was out of town. Sometimes I think he picks the lessons he doesn't want to teach and goes out of town on those weekends! (Just kidding Mr. Jeff!) Then I got to have lunch with my family again before they headed home after seeing the baby.

Today is Memorial Day, and I am so thankful for all of the service men and women out there. Without them we would not be able to enjoy the freedoms that we have today. My mom's side of the family got together tonight to cook out and swim, but the rain messed up a few of those plans. Still, it was fun to see everyone and most of the kids just swam in the rain. Makes since to me because you're going to get wet anyway.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and got to do something fun with an extra day off work. Now I get to go back to work and start packing up my office for the new carpet and paint that will be done. 

No comments: