Thursday, June 5, 2008

VBS and Nashville Shores

This week I have been teaching VBS at my church and we have a great group of kids. I have been in charge of the crafts for the preteens. We've had a great week and I'm sad that it's all ending tomorrow, although I'm ready for some rest! Now, I am not the craftiest person in the world, but most of the crafts have gone good this week. One was a little interesting, but we made it through. Today after VBS we loaded up the preteens and took them to Nashville Shores. I had never been before and we had a great day. It wasn't too crowded and there was something for everyone to do. My sister went with us, which was great, but the last time she went she came home with a concussion from an accident on one of the water slides. But today we had fun and we road every slide but one, and there were no accidents! I must admit there were a couple of slides I wanted to chicken out on, but I didn't! Leah, Abbey, and I had ridden all the slides we wanted so we got to enjoy some relaxing time at the pool. Now, I have to get ready for tomorrow's craft. It might be the most difficult yet, but hopefully it will go good!

2 comments:

JEff said...

Yeah! Miss Candace is a great craft teacher!

Carol said...

I want to know which craft was a "little interesting." lol I enjoyed coming to visit ya'll on Tuesday and must say I was very impressed with the fabulous job you were doing leading the crafts.