Here is a picture of some of my favorite crafts from the week. The Truth Key Ring was the hardest for the kids because the holes were small in the beads. I really liked the crosses. We did two other ones but I gave my samples away. One was a CapriSun Bible Study Pack and the kids really liked it. I sure am glad because my sister helped me out and washed out all 50 of the empty CapriSun packs.
The last day of VBS was water day. I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea. I just made sure I stayed clear of the kids (and adults) who were pouring buckets of water on people. I think all the kids had a good time this week. I know I did. Now we get to look forward to the VBS musical presentation and lua on Sunday night.
Teaching VBS was especially rewarding to me. After working on the products for a year, it's great to be able to see the kids enjoying and experiencing all of it. Plus, it helps you to know what really does and doesn't work so you can remember that for next year. Outrigger Island™: Living God's Unshakeable Truth was so important because the biblical content was so strong. When we were having think tanks to come up with the theme so many people said that kids had trouble with just the basic truths. Kids today are faced with so many opinions and false teachings that they need to know that there is only One God. Hopefully the kids got that message and have learned to have more courage in sharing their faith with others.
2 comments:
Thanks for being an EXCELLENT crafts teacher Miss Candace!
Candace,
I've been really impressed with the crafty bug that's hit you this year. First digital scrapbooking, now VBS, what's next? Maybe you can write the crafts for 2010 and come up with all those "fun" craft packs : )
Post a Comment