Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Church Sign

On my way home from work today, I passed a church sign that said, "Try Wanting What You Have." How many of us need to learn this lesson? I will admit that it is something I struggle with. Many times we look to the future wanting more, or get envious of successes of friends and wish it was us. I started a practice a few years ago of keeping a prayer journal. As part of my journal, I also began to record the blessings in my life. Whether it was as simple as the sun was out all day or as exciting as a new niece being born, I wanted to remember to thank God for the good things and not just turn to Him in times of need. Sometimes we're so busy wanting more in our life that we totally miss out on the blessings of our life. So, today I am trying to want what I have and to be content in my current situation. 

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I like that, usually the church signs are so cheesy. This one actually makes you think. Thanks for sharing! I hope you keep up with your Bible Study this time, I know you can do it. Let me know how it's going! Missing you- Stacy